Early Humphrey Township records show that in May 1883, the municipality authorized the purchase of lot 18 on the west side of the Parry Sound Road (Hwy 141) for the construction of a township hall that was to be also used for the fall fair.
In 1907, the name of the agricultural group was changed to Rosseau Agricultural Society serving the residents of Humphrey, Cardwell, Watt and Christie Townships. The earliest exhibits were mainly livestock and produce, baking and dry-goods. Only preserves, jams and jellies made from local fruits were permitted to be entered in the competition.
Old-time country fair: Family fun, fiddle band, children`s races, log sawing, nail driving, exhibit hall displaying junior and adult exhibits, local vendors
For more information:
Kim Stahls, Fair Secretary
274 Star Lake Road, Seguin, ON, P2A 0B6